Magshimey Herut initiates, promotes and supports the activities of student, oleh and social action groups, which are consistent with the Movement’s objectives. Projects that Magshimey Herut undertakes vary from place to place, depending upon the commitments and interests of individual groups, as well as the specific situations of the communities in each location.
Magshimey Herut works in conjunction with the World Zionist Organization, the Jewish Agency for Israel and the Jewish National Fund on projects that advance our common goals.
Magshimey Herut aspires to:
- Develop young leadership in Israel and abroad, working together to impart Jewish and Zionist values.
- Initiate educational activities designed to imbue Jewish youth with a love for the nation, the homeland and the traditions of Israel.
- Foster Zionist education abroad in order to promote and encourage aliya.
- Train young leaders dedicated to social justice and the territorial integrity of Eretz Yisrael.
- Inculcate the importance of national solidarity and the responsibility of all Jews for one another.
- Further cultural activities which foster Jewish nationalism.
- Inspire the next generation to honor the memory of Holocaust victims and continue the struggle against anti-Semitism.
- Establish absorption support groups throughout Israel in order to improve the aliya experience for new olim.
- Inculcate the value of Hebrew settlement in all of Eretz Yisrael.
- Train cadres of young leaders dedicated to promoting dialogue, understanding and tolerance between Orthodox and non-Orthodox Jews.
- Promote an understanding of the necessity for preserving the Jewish character of the State of Israel.
- Provide supplemental educational activities in Israel’s disadvantaged communities and development towns
- Further cultural activities which preserve the traditions of Jewish communities around the world.
- Promote recognition of the importance of increasing the Hebrew birthrate.